​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​If you are planning to build or renovate your home or business, almost everything you build needs to meet a number of standards and regulations like the Building Act 2004. Council is the Building Consent Authority for Central Otago providing building consents for work that needs approval and inspection under the Act.

We are here to help you get all the right information you need for building consents. For any major projects make an appointment with one of our building inspectors first.   

We suggest you get a professional to help with design work, drawings, specifications and documentation as building and resource consent applications can be complex. 

For more detailed guidance go to the Ministry of Building, Innovation and Employment website​

For simpler projects this website or a Building Control Officer should be able to give you all the guidance you need.



Consents Officer
Phone: (03) 440 0056 

Page reviewed: 19 Sep 2017 2:19pm