The traditional and quintessential Kiwi camping holiday experience is still a welcome feature in Central Otago.
Whatever type of camping holiday you enjoy – you will be welcomed in Central Otago. In and around urban areas campers enjoy a wide choice of fully serviced camping grounds.
To ensure an enjoyable camping experience for all, please follow our Responsible Camping Guidelines.
Where can I camp?
Please stay in Holiday Parks, Department of Conservation camping grounds or other designated areas.
|Designated camping sites with a toilet||Yes||Yes|
|Designated camping sites without a toilet||Yes||No|
Click on the linked address for a Google map.
- Alexandra Public Dump Station, 35 Boundary Road, Alexandra
- Alexandra Holiday Park, 44 Manuherikia Road, Alexandra
- Caltex Alexandra, 50 Centennial Avenue, Alexandra
- Stadium Tavern, 143 Centennial Avenue, Alexandra
- Omakau Recreation Reserve Camping Ground, Alton Street, Omakau
- Roxburgh Public Dump Station, Teviot Street, Roxburgh
If you have rubbish to dispose of please use the Transfer Stations located around the district.