Conditions of Membership for Central Otago/Queenstown Lakes Libraries
The membership form must be completed by the person applying for membership, or if under 18 years of age, by their guarantor, to indicate acceptance of the conditions of membership. No library card will be issued until your name and address have been validated by library staff.
To ensure we can give you a membership card straight away, please complete the membership form online before you visit the library.
- You must return all items in good condition and on time.
- You are responsible for all items borrowed on this card as well as any charges for loss, damage or extended loan. There will be a charge for lost and damaged items.
- Do not lend your card to anyone else. The person to whom the card is registered is responsible for all library materials issued on that card, and for any fees or charges which may arise from its use.
- If charges on your card total $20 or more, the charges need to be cleared before further items can be borrowed.
- You must notify the Central Otago / Queenstown Lakes Libraries immediately if this card is lost or stolen. You will be responsible for all items borrowed before the loss was reported.
- You must notify the Central Otago / Queenstown Lakes Libraries of any change of postal/residential address, phone number or email address.
- Your personal information on this form may be used by the Central Otago / Queenstown Lakes Libraries for the purpose of ongoing development of their library services.
- You must comply with the New Zealand Copyright Act 1994 with respect to photocopying, downloading or copying resources issued to you, or when utilising library facilities.
- For permanent membership, proof of residence must be supplied. Proof of permanent residence is either a rates demand or long term contract such as; a contract for permanent employment or yearlong rental contract or lease.
- Temporary membership is available on payment of a non-refundable fee of $25 for a six month membership to Central Otago / Queenstown Lakes Libraries.
- Temporary members are entitled to a maximum of four items on loan at a time.
- Temporary membership can be renewed once at a further payment of a non-refundable fee of $25.
Statement for the Purpose of Principle 3 of the Privacy Act
- The information about you is being collected by the Central Otago / Queenstown Lakes Libraries. This information is not required by law. However, it is necessary if you wish to become a member of the library and borrow material.
- This information will be held by the library in the Central Otago / Queenstown Lakes District that you registered at or within the library management for the district.
- You have the right to see personal information about you held by the library and ask for it to be changed.
- Your personal information will not be shared with any one else except where this is necessary for debt collection on library material, or when required by law.
- Central Otago / Queenstown Libraries reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions from time to time.