Who are we?
Tourism Central Otago is the Regional Tourism Organisation for Central Otago and is part of the Community Services department of Council.
What we do
Tourism Central Otago co-ordinates and facilitates the marketing of the Central Otago region as a visitor destination both within New Zealand and internationally.
- We are a resource available to local Central Otago based tourism businesses.
- We develop generic marketing resources for the consumer, travel trade and media.
- We are available to assist tourism operators who wish to learn more about working with different markets and distribution outlets.
- We are available to the national and international Travel Trade and media who wish to learn more about Central Otago as a visitor destination and the trade ready products and well as suggested itineraries.
- We develop and manage the regional website – www.centralotagonz.com
- We are available to national and international media to assist with familiarisation and storyline development.
We work closely with Tourism New Zealand, local and national tourism organisations, media and industry.
Central Otago’s key markets are New Zealand domestic travellers and Australia, with smaller numbers from United Kingdom, Europe and United States.
Tourism Central Otago attends travel trade and consumer events, provides generic marketing resources, assistance and promotional material. We assist accredited industry and media personnel with familiarisation visits to the region.
Tourism Central Otago produces a newsletter on a regular basis.
There is also a range of tourism research available through Tourism Central Otago.
Find Tourism Central Otago on Facebook, on Twitter and on Pinterest.