There is no cost to become a member of Tourism Central Otago for tourism operators located and operating within the Central Otago District and contributing to rates either as a ratepayer or tenant paying rent. For businesses which offer a tourism product or service within the Central Otago area who do not contribute to rates, a paid subscription membership is available.
It is easy to become a member of Tourism Central Otago and once approved you will be able to access the many services Tourism Central Otago provides.
If you are a new owner of an existing tourism business or a new business, call in to your nearest Central Otago Visitor Centre to obtain a new member pack. The application form to become a member of Tourism Central Otago is in this pack, together with a range of additional information about operating a business in the tourism sector and the services that are available to you as an approved tourism operator. Or if you wish you may simply download the membership application form.
When Tourism Central Otago receives your completed application form a check is done to ensure that the business meets all legal obligations for operating before becoming an approved registered member. You will then receive the following benefits.
- Standard Website listing on www.centralotagonz.com
- Electronic newsletters
- Inclusion in itineraries for visiting media appropriate to your business
- Inclusion in itineraries and/or introduction of your product to Travel Trade when you provide a commissionable product / service that is suitable for their client base
- Seminars and workshops relevant to operating a tourism business
- Assistance from our experienced team to develop your tourism product to the next level
- Introductions to appropriate travel industry contacts from our comprehensive database
- Showcasing of your product or service at travel industry events and/or consumer events
- Opportunities to become involved in targeted marketing campaigns and promotions
There are additional opportunities where operators have the option to work with Tourism Central Otago on specific initiatives.