Naseby Borough Council
Naseby, previously known as the Hogburn and later Parkers, is the result, like most Central Otago towns, of gold found by the Parker brothers in 1863.
The official name Naseby was given to the fast growing miners' town in 1877 and the name was to honour the governing Otago Superintendent John Hyde Harris's birth place in England.
Naseby was proclaimed a borough in 1873. The borough boasted an area of 113 acres and was divided into three wards, East, West and South. The borough also had endowment reserves of 1,923 acres in the Kyeburn and Swinburn districts.
The Naseby Borough Council was abolished with the change of boundaries in 1989 and is now part of the Central Otago District Council.