Roxburgh Borough Council
Roxburgh was inaugurated as a municipality on the 7th July 1874. At a meeting on the 14th August of the same year, John Beighton was elected the borough's first Mayor. The Constitution of the borough came in 1877 by proclamation in the NZ Gazette.
The borough of Roxburgh encompassed an area of 400 acres on the banks of the
Molyneux (now Clutha) river in the county of Tuapeka.
Roxburgh Borough Council was abolished in 1989 and now forms part of the Central Otago