Council owns 98 housing units, which primarily cater for those in the community who have reached retirement age and have limited cash assets or income as assessed by central government.
As of 1 July 2018 the eligibility criteria for prioritising applicants prior to being offered a tenancy is:
- Aged over 65 with a Community Services Card
- Aged 60 plus with Community Service Card, where long standing vacancies exist
- Aged 60-64 with no Community Services Card
- Aged under 60 with clear social need, where there are long standing vacancies (CEO's discretion)
We have 23 units in Alexandra, three in Clyde, 31 in Cromwell, 26 in Ranfurly and 15 in Roxburgh.
Application for Tenancy
Locations of Units
- Alexandra – Shannon Street, Ventry Street
- Clyde – Fraser Street
- Cromwell – Ortive Street, Molyneux Avenue, Inniscort Street, Goodger Court
- Roxburgh – Leithholm Place, Scotland Street
- Ranfurly – John Street, Pery Street
Features and Services
All units are one bedroom units, serviced with an annual smoke and battery alarm check. The grass is mown by Council’s contractor, however the tenants are responsible to maintain any garden directly in front, beside or behind their unit. All other maintenance issues are undertaken by Council as landlord.
All units have showers in the bathroom, but the type of shower varies from unit to unit. The occupancy rating of either single or double is with regard to the size of the unit/bedroom and is a recommendation only. However, the number of tenants allowed to reside in the unit will be stipulated in the Residential Tenancy Agreement.
Rents are reviewed annually based on a market rental assessment undertaken by QVNZ.
Council, as landlord, requires the equivalent of two weeks rent for the bond and rent is required to be paid two weeks in advance.
Depending on the location, size and condition of units, rents range as follows:
Alexandra: $130 to $210 per week
Clyde: $205 to $215 per week
Cromwell: $200 to $250 per week
Roxburgh: $75 $145 per week
Ranfurly: $70 to $120 per week