Pool operation under Covid restrictions
Aquatic Operation at the Orange setting of the COVID-19 Protection Framework (traffic lights)
Public swimming pools can operate at Orange with no capacity limits, but the number of people allowed is based on giving 1 metre of space per person. From Tuesday 5 April, all users of the Cromwell, Alexandra and Ranfurly pools have not been required to provide a vaccine pass to enter the pool facility. See more info here: Public facilities at Red | Unite against COVID-19 (covid19.govt.nz)
Guidance for customers
The following measures are in place to keep customers and staff safe during RED:
- Face coverings must be worn at reception. Face coverings are encouraged everywhere else.
- Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a caregiver aged 16 years or older when accessing facilities with the usual supervision policy ratios; the caregiver must be vaccinated and provide a Government My Vaccine Pass
- Children aged 8 or older can access facilities unsupervised.
- Facility users are expected to maintain 1m physical distancing from others within the facility, including when queuing at reception.
- There are no capacity limits to a lane, however, it is your responsibility to maintain a 1m physical distance from others.
- Spas are open with limited capacity based on 1m physical distancing. Please limit use to 15 minutes.
- People displaying COVID-19 symptoms are not allowed to enter the facility.
- Pool staff will be wearing face coverings at reception, but not on pool side.
- All pool crew must keep 1 metre apart from customers using our facilities.
- All staff will be fully vaccinated.
Hygiene and Cleaning
- Sanitiser stations are available at the entry and exit points of the pool hall.
- Extensive signage displaying public health and hygiene messages are displayed around the facility.
- High touch point areas (including door handles, taps, sinks, toilets, shower buttons etc) throughout the facility will be sanitised regularly.
- Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a caregiver aged 16 years or older when accessing facilities.
- Only one spectator per family and you must remain 1m from other spectators and staff.
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to your lesson time.