Council Services at Alert Level 2
All Council facilities, including our service centres, libraries and pools, reopened on Wednesday 8 September. Our public facing facilities are taking all measures necessary to operate within “Delta Level 2” guidelines.
- All visitors must either scan in using the COVID tracer app or sign in on our paper registration forms.
- Keep to the 2-metre distancing – we will be managing the number of people in our facilities and will have tape and screens in place to guide you.
- We ask that you wear a face covering (we’ll miss seeing your smiling faces, but we can still gaze into your eyes!)
- All areas have increased cleaning protocols and sanitiser stations.
- Please keep away if you are feeling unwell, and if you have cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms get a test.
The safety of our staff and our community is our number one priority. Please be kind and patient as we deliver our services to you the Level 2 way.
Council Offices / Service Centres
As many of our staff will continue to work remotely in order to allow for greater physical distancing within our open-plan office environment, we ask you to phone us in the first instance to speak to someone, or book an appointment if you wish to meet with a council staff member.
Central Otago Libraries
Our libraries team is looking forward to welcoming you back so hunt out that library card. Level 2 does bring a few changes to the way libraries will operate, so please remember to wear a face mask, scan in with your contact tracer app / fill in the form, and very importantly stay 2m away from people not in your bubble while in the library.
Please also note that under level 2 we are unable to run/offer face-to-face events, book clubs, school visits, digital drop ins or Stepping Up classes. Watch this space as we work on some online opportunities.
Central Otago Swim Centres
Alexandra and Cromwell pools have reopened but with extra safety measures, including a maximum of 50 people in the facility at any one time, provided the 2m distancing rule can be observed. In addition to the Level 2 golden rules (scanning, physical distancing) please note the key points below.
- We encourage people to arrive in their togs where possible, to minimise the numbers of people using changing facilities.
- Wear a face covering wherever possible, except when swimming.
- Only lap pool swimming lessons are running during Level 2.
- Spa pools will be closed at Level 2.
- Follow all signage and advice of the pool crew at the facility.
Kerbside Collections will continue as per collection calendars, but note processing of our recycling can resume again at Level 2 which is great news! Recycling drop-offs will reopen too.
Our transfer stations reopened at level 3 and we’ll bring you any updates on operation.
Community groups can continue to book, meet at and use our community facilities, provided they follow the government public health guidelines, which can be found at: https://covid19.govt.nz/activities/events-and-entertainment/#public-facilities-at-alert-level-2. Indoor events have a capacity of 50 people, provided the 2m distancing rule can be observed.
Playgrounds are now open! You are welcome to take your children to visit our playgrounds, but because we are unable to guarantee the equipment’s cleanliness between uses, it is important you take responsibility for ensuring your practise good personal hygiene and sanitation with your children.
Remember too at our parks, dog exercise areas, tracks and trails, and other recreation spaces to take personal responsibility for practising good hygiene and appropriate physical distancing, especially at pinch points. And don’t forget to scan and/or keep a personal record of where you go and who you see when you are out and about.