Key dates for the 2019 Elections
|From 17 July ||Elections will be advertised and nominations called|
|19 July ||Nominations open|
|16 August||Nominations close at midday|
|20 September ||Voter packs mailed to electors. Voting opens.|
|12 October ||Voting closes at midday. Progress result as soon as possible thereafter.|
|By 17 October ||Official result released|
A candidate handbook for the 2019 election will be prepared and made available from this website by 31 May 2019. Nomination forms will be available in early July 2019.
If you are enrolled as a parliamentary elector you will automatically be placed on council's electoral roll as a residential elector. If you need to enrol or update existing name or address details on the parliamentary electoral roll, you can do so at any Post Shop, online at www.elections.org.nz or by phoning 0800 36 76 56.
If you pay rates on property within the council area but live outside that area you may be eligible to enrol as a ratepayer elector. Download a copy of the ratepayer enrolment form.
Further election related documents or links will be available from this page throughout 2019.
Elected Member Representation
Following changes made during last year's Representation Review, the Central Otago District will be, from the next triennium, represented by:
- 1 Mayor (district wide)
- 4 councillors to represent the Cromwell Ward
- 5 councillors to represent the Vincent Ward
- 1 councillor to represent the Maniototo Ward
- 1 councillor to represent the Teviot Valley Ward
In addition, there are 4 Community Boards:
- Vincent Community Board – 4 Elected Members
- Cromwell Community Board – 4 Elected members
- Maniototo Community Board – 4 Elected members
- Teviot Valley Community Board – 4 Elected members
Election Signage Information