Programme to construct new footpaths underway
15 July 2020
A programme to construct more than a kilometre of new asphalt footpaths in Central Otago is currently underway.
Central Otago District Council roading contractor Fulton Hogan began construction in June and will continue through the coming months constructing new footpaths in the following locations:
- Lakeview Terrace, Cromwell (to link between Partridge Road and existing path)
- Partridge Road, Cromwell (from end of existing path down past Scott Terrace to McNulty Inlet)
- Ida Valley-Omakau Road, Oturehua (end of existing path to the domain)
- Tyrone Street, Ranfurly (from Fraser Avenue to the new hospital)
- Pisa Moorings - locations currently being finalised
The $216,000 programme is co-funded by the New Zealand Transport Agency and CODC via rates and development contributions.
Acting Roading Manager Martin Alford said the locations were selected based on requests from the community, to respond to growth areas, and will improve accessibility and safety for pedestrians.
Council's agreed level of service for footpaths in the district is to provide a footpath on one side of the road on residential streets.