Clyde's Wastewater Upgrade
A new reticulated wastewater system will replace Clyde's existing system which relies on septic tanks and disposal fields. The upgraded system will meet environmental and resource consent requirements, significantly improving the quality of Clyde's urban wastewater discharges.
Importantly, it will provide the Clyde community with an environmentally safe wastewater system that will bring significant environmental, health and well-being benefits for decades to come.
The project is being completed in three stages. The first stage is the installation of the new reticulated system in the central Clyde area in 2020-22, while two further stages which cover the remainder of the town are scheduled for 2028-33 and 2038-43.
Download the map below to view a detailed map of Stage 1 of the Clyde Wastewater Reticulation project.
Although physical construction works to install the new wastewater system in the central Clyde area were scheduled to begin in autumn 2020, this has been delayed due to COVID-19.
Stage 1 will include installing a wastewater pipeline, a pump station and the new reticulated wastewater system for central Clyde.
Construction of the wastewater pipeline that will carry Clyde's wastewater from the town's new reticulated wastewater system to the Alexandra wastewater treatment station is close to completion.
- Clyde Projects Update - June 2021
- Clyde Projects Update - February 2021
- Clyde Projects Update - August 2020
- Clyde Projects Update - March 2020
- Clyde Projects Update - December 2019
Read media releases on Clyde projects
- Clyde Heritage Precinct Upgrade - Lodge Lane (11 June 2021)
- Early preparation underway for Clyde River Park (23 June 2020)
- Clyde wastewater pipeline construction underway again (6 May 2020)
- Investigation work continues for Clyde wastewater upgrade (3 March 2020)
- Wastewater pipeline near finished (15 January 2020)
- Clyde reticulation works and pump station contract awarded (4 December 2019)
- Clyde property visits to assess wastewater systems (14 November 2019)
Keep in touch
We'll be communicating directly with Clyde householders and business owners whose properties are in the Stage 1 (central Clyde) area over the coming months.
If you missed our Clyde Wastewater Drop-ins in October and November 2019 below is the information we had on display boards.
- Public drop-in display boards (PDF, 5.21MB)
- Commercial flyer (PDF, 784KB)
- Heritage streetscape upgrade flyer (PDF, 1.06MB)
If you have any questions about the Clyde Wastewater project our team would be happy to answer them! Just email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you'd like to keep up to date with the project, you can sign up for our regular Clyde Projects e-updates below. This newsletter will also be available in print at key locations in Clyde.