Council advertises all its tenders via the Local Government e-tendering website - www.lgtenders.co.nz
This e-tendering website is used by almost all New Zealand local authorities to advertise their tenders.
To use this system and to access the tenders being called by various councils, you must first be a registered supplier. Visit the LGTenders New Zealand website to see more.
Central Otago District Council Open Spaces Maintenance Contract Workshop
On 30 June 2019 the Council's current Opens Spaces Maintenance contract expires:
Over the next six months Council will be preparing a new tender document for this contract.
- This contract covers the maintenance and mowing of open spaces, gardens, parks/street trees, interments, playgrounds, tracks/trails, the first class wicket at Molyneux Park, operation of irrigation systems, the emptying of litterbins and arboriculture works. There may also be an option to undertake various improvement works.
- Council has reconfirmed its preference for this contract to be tendered and operated using the Systems Thinking contract model. Briefly the Systems Thinking model views the contract as being:
- Conducted as if were a partnership and not an alliance
- Involves Council and contractor staff working in unison to achieve the purpose of the contract
- Cost plus agreed profit and overhead margin
- Works in similar way to a Council Parks department
- Work done to an agreed standard for budget provided
Council is aware that this model of contract delivery is not commonly experienced in the Open Spaces maintenance industry. To ensure all prospective tenderers have an understanding of how the Systems Thinking model operates, Council is presenting an information workshop that will provide all participants with a good understanding of the System Thinking contract model.
You are invited to the Systems Thinking Workshop to be held at the:
Central Otago District Council Offices
1 Dunorling Street Alexandra
Thursday 30 August 9.00 am – 12.00pm
If you have any question please don't hesitate to contact: Parks and Recreation Manager Gordon Bailey on
03 440 0654 or via email to email@example.com