Senior Policy Planner
Pay$85k to $105k
Job TypeFull Time
Closing2 Oct 2020, 5:00 pm
Central Otago District Council is seeking an enthusiastic team player with excellent interpersonal skills to join our Planning and Environment team based out of Alexandra.
In the Central Otago District we have inherited a magnificent natural and historic wealth that we celebrate. There are many influences that could alter this unique region and it is important that we all make wise choices that last beyond our lifetime.
Being a Policy Planner within the resource management planning team offers a range of exciting and diverse work, including a suite of plan changes to implement the Cromwell Spatial Plan, District Plan review and a range of other plan change/policy work.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a relevant degree in planning/resource management or related field
- Have an excellent understanding of district plan/plan change processes and associated legislation
- Be a highly motivated team player who is well organised and committed to providing excellent service and quality results
- Have high computer literacy and good written and oral communication skills
- Possess excellent time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines.
- Be solutions focused
- Ideally have a minimum of five years’ experience.
If you like a challenge and would like to live and work in a unique area of New Zealand, then this is the job for you. We are a forward-thinking organisation with a vision for the future – this is an excellent opportunity to grow and advance your career
The hours are full-time, and the role is based in our Alexandra office.
All applications should include a cover letter, CV and address the key selection criteria. Make sure you wow us with your cover letter, be specific about your experience.
Applications should be addressed to the Louise Fleck, Central Otago District Council, PO Box 122, Alexandra 9340 or sent via email to Louise Fleck at firstname.lastname@example.org, and close Friday, 2 October 2020 at 5.00pm.
Download the Job Description below.