Pool Crew - Alexandra
Job TypeFull Time
Closing17 Jul 2022, 5:00 pm
- Do you have a passion for supporting our community’s health and wellbeing?
- Do you enjoy working in a customer service environment?
- Are you a Confident swimmer?
We currently have a vacancy at our Alexandra Pool, and we want you to join our team! The vacancy is full-time position, 32 hours per week.
In this role you will provide the community with quality supervision to ensure the facility maintains an enjoyable and safe environment. You will have a high level of customer service with clear and effective communication skills as well as being practically minded.
This role is instrumental in promoting a healthy living and making a difference in our region.
Hours are as per roster (morning and evenings) Monday- Sunday shifts range from commencing early morning through to finishing at 7:45pm.
The position offered an excellent entry to the leisure industry with additional training pathways to aquatic qualifications.
As the successful applicant you will:
- Have a positive, can-do attitude and proven ability working as part of a team
- Confident swimming ability – able to swim 8 lengths of the pool within 6 minutes
- Flexibility to work a range of morning, evening and weekend shifts
- Be focused on providing the best customer service possible to our community
In return the successful applicant will receive
- Training in Pool Lifeguarding Practising Certificate (PLPC)
- Training in Comprehensive/Workplace First Aid (6400, 6401 & 6402)
- Competitive market remuneration
- Career progression and additional training opportunities provided e.g. New Zealand Certificate in Aquatics – Pool Lifeguard (Level 3), swim school, swim skills, trainer assessor and aqua fitness
- A great working environment
- Regular work hours
- Access to the facility for fitness and training
- Organisation Social Club
A copy of the job description may be obtained via Council’s website (www.codc.govt.nz under Vacancies).
All applications should include a cover letter, CV and should be addressed to Kirsten Adams, Human Resources Advisor, PO Box 122, Alexandra 9340 or sent via email to email@example.com.
Applications close 5pm Sunday, 17 July 2022.