Cromwell Community Board By-election
A by-election is required to fill an extraordinary vacancy on the Cromwell Community Board. The vacancy has arisen from the recent resignation of Robin Dicey.
Nominations for the above position open on Thursday 29 April 2021 and must be made on the official nomination form. Copies of the nomination form and information sheet can be requested from the Central Otago District Council offices in Cromwell, at 42 The Mall, Cromwell or Alexandra at 1 Dunorling Street, Alexandra or downloaded below.
Completed nomination documents must be received by the electoral officer no later than noon on Thursday 27 May 2021. Each nomination must be accompanied by a deposit of $200 incl GST, payable by EFTPOS, cash or online banking (see nomination form for details).
Candidates are encouraged to also submit a candidate profile statement and recent colour photograph. The requirements for the profile statement and photo are set out in the information sheet or in the 2019 Candidate Handbook. All nomination documents must be lodged together. Candidates should refer to the candidate handbook for further details.
A preliminary roll for the by-election can be inspected during normal office hours at the Central Otago District Council offices in Cromwell or Alexandra from Thursday 29 April to Thursday 27 May 2021.
Electors may enrol or amend their enrolment details on the residential electoral roll by:
- Completing an enrolment form available at any PostShop or at the Central Otago District Council offices in Cromwell or Alexandra
- Calling 0800 ENROL NOW (0800 36 76 56)
- Visiting the Electoral Commission website (vote.nz)
Updates to the preliminary electoral roll close at 4pm on Thursday 27 May 2021.
Applications for registration as a ratepayer elector are to be made on the non-resident ratepayer elector enrolment form available from Central Otago District Council offices or from the council’s website and must be returned to the electoral officer before 4pm on Thursday 27 May 2021.
If an election is required to fill this vacancy, the election will be conducted by postal voting under the First Past the Post (FPP) electoral system. The voting papers will be mailed out to electors on Thursday 1 July and voting will close at midday on Friday 23 July 2021.
PO Box 3138, Christchurch 8140
0800 666 941
Information and maps for the pre-approved sites for Election Signage in our district are listed below. These are still current and apply for the upcoming by-election.
- CODC Election signs information 2019 (PDF, 31.7KB)
- Election Signage Centennial Ave (PDF, 132.7KB)
- Election Signage Charlemont Street (PDF, 314.1KB)
- Election Signage Cromwell (PDF, 230.4KB)
- Election Signage Roxburgh map 1 (PDF, 283.9KB)
- Election Signage Roxburgh map 2 (PDF, 169.9KB)
- Election Signage Shannon Street Alex (PDF, 135.9KB)
- Election Signage The Half Mile (PDF, 66.4KB)