Viewing a Property File
If you are considering purchasing a property, you may want to request a Land Information Memorandum (LIM) report.
Get your Property File Digitally
Council is digitising property files, either planned or when requested. If you would like to receive your property file digitally, please complete our Property File Digitisation Request online form.
The form requires the property's valuation number, this can found at:
- Rating and Property Search, click to go there
- Geographic Information System and click on the Property Map
- On your rates assessment and invoice
What's in a Property File?
The information contained within each property file varies and we cannot guarantee the information you are looking for will be on file.
The types of information that may be on a property file include:
- Building permits and consents
- Drainage plans
- Plans and specifications
- Code Compliance Certificates
- Planning reports
- Resource Consent Decisions
- Associated documents
Digitisation Turnaround Times
We are digitising all Central Otago property files on request with an estimated turnaround time of 10 working days.